What is an Embedded Librarian?
Embedded librarianship is a partnership between library faculty and teaching faculty designed to meet the diverse information seeking needs of the Darton Online students.
An embedded librarian (also known as a class librarian) works closely with the faculty to provide library assistance to students throughout the course of the entire semester.
The embedded librarian works with the faculty members to:
- create viable library assignments that teach students how to use the many library resources that are available to them
- assist students with research via discussion board, chat, or email
- provide tutorials and how-tos in the form of postings, worksheets, etc.
- answer student questions regarding access to library materials
The goals of this program are to:
- Meet the students where they are
- Enhance the learning experience for our online students
- Assist faculty members with class assignments
The embedded librarian does not comment on or seek to clarify assignments.
Students will always be redirected to the instructor for questions regarding assignments.
Embedded Librarian Word Cloud
Thank you to Jessica Norman, MLS, Coordinator of Library Instruction, Reg Erhardt Library for her assistance with this LibGuide.
Harold B. Wetherbee Library
Albany State University
2400 Gillionville Road
Albany, GA 31707
My favorite books are:
"What Alice Forgot" by Liane Moriarity and "Sarah's Key" by Tatiana de Rosnay
My favorite TV shows are:
"The Walking Dead" (I have a plan) and "The Middle"