Theater Appreciation online coursepack
Last Updated: Aug 16, 2017
- “The Humours” Internet Shakespeare
Best, Michael. "Putting Nature in order: the humours." Internet Shakespeare Editions. University of Victoria, 29 Nov. 2013. Web. 30 Nov. 2013..
- Asian Performance Web Links (Merlot resource)
(LibGuide, University of Sydney—found through Merlot)
- “The Stanislavsky Century” Films on Demand
The definitive study of Stanislavsky on film
NOTE: Lacks Transcript
- Studying Traditional Japanese Theater (Segment 7) from From 14 Up: Japan (Films On Demand)
UP program starts with a group of 7-year-olds and revisits them every seven years, the Up: Japan chronicle focuses on 13 youth living in different parts of Japan. This program, captures the subjects at age 14.
- Honoring Japanese Theater and Family Heritage (Segment 24) from From 21 Up: Japan (Films On Demand)
Starting in 1992, the filmmakers have visited a group of Japanese children every seven years, tracking their evolving hopes and dreams. This episode finds them entering adulthood at 21
- Offstage, Onstage: Inside the Stratford Festival ( Films on Demand)
(documentary rehearsal and production process, including Henry 4, part 1.example Segment 9)
- Hindu Canon-Background of Hindu scripture (Films on Demand)
Segment 5 from Hinduism: The Eternal Way—Let's Look at World Religions
- Peter Brooks Mahabharata: Krishna talks to Prince Arjuna (You Tube)
- Importance of the Master” (Kathakali) Section 14: Hinduism: Faith, Festivals, and Rituals (Films on Demand)
Hinduism: Faith, Festivals, and Rituals. Films On Demand. Films Media Group, 1995. Web. 17 Aug. 2015. .
- Harold Clurman: “A Life of Theater” Films on Demand
Harold Clurman: A Life of Theater. Films On Demand. Films Media Group, 1987. Web. 17 Aug. 2015. .
- Kenny Leon's Web Site
This Atlanta-based director is the Artistic Director of the True Colors Theatre Company--most recently, he directed The Wiz for live television.
- George C. Wolfe
The notable career of one of contemporary theatre's most prolific directors and playwrights. Wolfe also directs our semester's final film (Fires in the Mirror).
- Elia Kazan
The life of fascinating, important and controversial director, Elia Kazan, who worked on some of the greatest plays and films of the 20th century.