USG Initiative for Open Source E-Textbooks
Last Updated: May 12, 2017
- Creative Commons
Free, easy-to-use copyright licenses provide a simple, standardized way to give the public permission to share and use your creative work — on conditions of your choice
- OER Commons
Curating best in class learning materials from around the world since 2007
curated collection of free and open online teaching, learning, and faculty development services contributed and used by an international education community.
nonprofit devoted to spreading ideas, usually in the form of short, powerful talks
useful for additional (especially video) resources for classes
- Open Educational Group: OER Adoption Impact Explorer
interactive tool lets users adjust a range of Institutional Settings to match their local context and estimate what the impact of adopting OER would be on their students and campus.
- K-12 Collaborative
group of 12 states with the goal of creating comprehensive, high-quality, open educational resources (OER) supporting K–12 mathematics and English language arts that are aligned with state learning standards
- K-12 OER Materials Review
Making world-class materials freely available to educators around the world is central to equalizing learning.
free materials and system for K-12
- Khan Academy
Learning structure using practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard to allow learners to study at their own pace and outside of the classroom
- K-12 Open Textbook Crash Course
The content of this crash course is designed to help teachers to get up and running in the creation and remixing of open textbooks for their specific subject areas and should be taught in a face-to-face, hybrid, or synchronous online setting.
- Affordable Learning Ga Open Textbook Links
- OpenStax College:free textbooks that meet scope and sequence requirements for most courses
Our free, high-quality textbooks and learning technology give students the tools they need to succeed without having to weigh the cost
- The Orange Grove:Florida's digital repository for instructional resources.
choose Browse Higher Education Resources... at https://florida.theorangegrove.org/og/hierarchy.do?topic=8dff349b-9c2f-07d0-f24b-5d854bbc4812
- OER COmmons
A dynamic digital library and network. Explore open education resources and join our network of educators dedicated to curriculum improvement.
- College Open Textbooks
The College Open Textbooks Collaborative, a collection of twenty-nine educational non-profit and for-profit organizations, affiliated with more than 200 colleges, is focused on driving awareness and adoptions of open textbooks to more than 2000 community and other two-year colleges.
- OER and Affordable Resources by College: Home
University of Texas at Arlington Libraries-LibGuides
- In Tech "World’s largest Science, Technology & Medicine Open Access book publisher."
- Textbook Affordability Project (TAP) at USF
- Hathi Trust-Full Text Open (Limited)
- Open Educational Resources OER
- Digital Commons Network
The Digital Commons Network brings together free, full-text scholarly articles from hundreds of universities and colleges worldwide. Curated by university librarians and their supporting institutions, the Network includes a growing collection of peer-reviewed journal articles, book chapters, dissertations, working papers, conference proceedings, and other original scholarly work.
- Open Access Textbook Websites: FIPSE Grant Project
- National Science Digital Library
Serving science, technology, engineering, and mathematics education
- Putting the Pieces Together.
Enis, Matt. "Putting The Pieces Together." Library Journal 139.6 (2014): 32. Academic Search Complete. Web. 13 Apr. 2014.
- Anytime, Anywhere Learning
Ray, Mark. "Anytime, Anywhere Learning." School Library Journal 60.3 (2014): 20. Academic Search Complete. Web. 13 Apr. 2014.
- Relationship of OPAC users' satisfaction with their demographic characteristics, computer skills, user education, user assistance and user-friendly OPAC
Kumar, Shiv. "Relationship Of OPAC Users' Satisfaction With Their Demographic Characteristics, Computer Skills, User Education, User Assistance And User-Friendly OPAC." Electronic Library 32.1 (2014): 106. Publisher Provided Full Text Searching File. Web. 13 Apr. 2014.